Back to listings
Cadaver course for complex surgical implant procedures
Two full days of hands-on training on cadavers and one full day of intensive lectures.
- A ratio of two delegates per cadaver head, maximising the training experience
- Register your nurse to train in complex implant surgical nursing alongside you – please call us to book.
Day one lectures
- Surgical anatomy with emphasis on advanced augmentation procedures
- Sinus floor elevation and augmentation procedures
- Sinus pathology, recognition and management
- GBR procedures
- Block grafting
- Soft tissue grafting procedures
- Evidence-based treatment planning
- Prevention and management of complications.
Day two and three – hands-on workshops on cadavers
- Anatomy review
- Avoiding complications
- Sinus floor elevation procedures:
- Crestal approach – conventional and newer atraumatic techniques
- Lateral wall approach sinus floor elevation and augmentation
- Sinus anatomy including the medial wall in relation to ENT procedures
- Block grafting techniques:
- Harvesting from the chin and ramus
- Recipient site preparation and graft fixation
- Flap design and management
- Soft tissue grafting procedures:
- Free and pedicle flaps
- Alternatives to autogenus flaps
- Management of complications.
Dr Fadi Barrak – course director
Dr Maher Almasri
Fee: £2,995 plus VAT.